Welcome to the research group of Prof. Thomas Allison at Stony Brook University. We develop new light sources and measurement techniques and apply them to resolving molecular dynamics. Our effort resides jointly in the chemistry and physics departments. This research group, and website, are both brand new. Enjoy!
We are launching a range of efforts including:
- Ultrasensitive femtosecond spectroscopy using frequency comb lasers.
- Dynamics of hydrogen bonded liquids.
- Coherent extreme-ultraviolet and soft x-ray generation.
- Imaging of molecular electronic structure using “high harmonic spectroscopy”.
- Time-resolved photoelectron spectroscopy of molecules undergoing nonadiabatic dynamics.